On February 8, 2012, Pilot New Media presented a Media Forum for staff from parishes within the Archdiocese of Boston on the topic of Effective Social Media for Parishes and Ministries. We present here an edited version of the live stream that was available during the event:
The handouts from the packets presented to attendees are available below along with links to related information.
- Social Media Guidelines from the US Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Archdiocese of Boston Social Media Guidelines 2012 (PDF)
- USCCB Handout from Meeting of Diocesan Communications Officers (PDF)
- Flocknote: “What is a Social Network and Why is It Important?
- Flocknote: “How-to (and how NOT to) Build YOur Parish Social Network”
- How to Boost Engagement on Your Church’s Facebook Page
- Moms and Media:2011
- Twitter and Homilies. When a Bishop Chirps (Pontifical Council for Social Communications) (PDF)
- “Friending” Facebook for Your Religious Education Program
- “Tweeting” Not Just for the Birds, or How to Use Twitter for Your Religious Education Program
- Jonathan F. Sullivan Talks About Facebook, Twitter, and the Church
- Papal Message for 43rd World Day of Communications
- Papal Message for 44th World Day of Communications
- Papal Message for 45th World Day of Communications
The slides from the three presentations are available here as downloadable PDF. We’ve also made the presentation as shown at the forum available as a video without audio.
For more information and inquiries, please contact us.
You may also be interested in our previous Forum on Creating Excellent Parish Websites.